Just a random query to see if anyone has done any work listing journal backfiles by cost (i.e. "if you have £Xk to spare you can purchase perpetual access to package Y") across a range of publishers.   There's no point in publishers beating a path to my door, as we haven't suddenly come into funds at my institution!   I'm just considering options as we are currently involved in editing our journal stock prior to installing compact storage.

Alison McNab

Academic Team Manager (Resources and Services)

Kimberlin Library

De Montfort University

The Gateway

Leicester