Hi all,

We're in the process of moving over to Shibboleth here and I'm
interested in its potential for usage data. I don't know what's possible
with Shibboleth in comparison to Athens, can anyone enlighten me? I'm
not directly involved in the project so my base knowledge is limited,
but I've been asked by the project manager for my usage data
requirements. I can remember at the JIBS management information workshop
last summer someone mentioning the Shibboleth user groups affects what
usage data you can glean and you need to consider this when setting up
Shibboleth in the first instance - but I have been unable to find any
more information about this. Are there any words of wisdom out there?

I'm happy to summarise if people want me too...

Many thanks,

Selena

Selena Killick
Research & Development Officer
Barrington Library

Cranfield Defence and Security
Cranfield University
Defence Academy of the United Kingdom
Shrivenham
WILTS SN6 8LA
Tel: +44 (0)1793 785561
Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://diglib.shrivenham.cranfield.ac.uk/
<http://diglib.shrivenham.cranfield.ac.uk/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
intended only for the named addressee. If you are not the named
addressee, please accept our apology, notify the sender immediately and
then delete the email. We request that you do not disclose, use, copy or
distribute any information within it.

Any opinions expressed are not necessarily the corporate view of
Cranfield University. This email is not intended to be contractually
binding unless specifically stated and the sender is an authorised
University signatory.

Whilst we have taken steps to ensure that this email and all attachments
are free from any virus, we advise that, in keeping with good computing
practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.