JISC London office
1st Floor, Brettenham House South
5 Lancaster Place
London WC2N 7EN

tel: +44 (0)20 3006 6035
mobile: +44 (0)7841951306
fax: +44 (0)20 7240 5377

Nick Howes wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> On 29/03/10 12:02, Nicole Harris wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> Hi Al

Seems to be working fine for me at the moment.  I e-mailed the other federations to see if they had experienced a problem recently and the spanish confirmed that they had some outage due to metadata problems at dreamspark that had been fixed.  If you want to check and get back to me if there are still UK specific problems I can continue to chase.

Much appreciated

Nicole

We do still have the issue. The response I got just now is:

"Thanks for reporting this, DreamSpark now supports SAML2 integration as well. If you want to integration of UK federation with DreamSpark on SAML2 also, then we can start this process.

We firstly need the integration update on DreamSpark Staging site and then on Production site.

Should we send you DreamSpark staging SAML 2 Meta data file?"

So they have recently upgraded to support SAML2 - the only problem is that they're only half-supporting it at the moment - their server will try to do SAML2 but their metadata in the UK federation doesn't have their new SAML2 endpoints, and recent versions of Shibboleth 2 reject this.

I'm not keen on adding development metadata to our live IdP so I've requested that they go back to using our SAML1 SSO binding, as they used to.