The Worcester Learning Box repository project is holding a symposium later this month. . .

Learning and teaching repositories: is this the last chance?

The symposium is on Wednesday 24 March 2010 in Worcester. Overnight accommodation beforehand and the event itself is provided free of charge, funded by the Worcester Learning Box Repository Project and JISC. The number of places is limited so do please register in good time.

The event will focus on the particular issues affecting learning and teaching repositories. We are only too aware that the uptake of the use of learning and teaching repositories in HE has been terribly poor in comparison with that of research repositories, and many current development projects represent a “second attempt” to design systems better suited to lecturers’ needs and the encouragement of open resources. It is likely to be the last attempt. Our symposium will identify common ground amongst participants and identify what it is people believe will be successful in what might be seen as the “last chance for learning and teaching repositories”.

The event will be more like a seminar with contributions from participants leading to the publication of a report outlining our vision of the future place for repositories in an increasingly complex online environment for e-learning.

More information on the symposium web page: http://wlbrproject.wordpress.com/learning-and-teaching-repositories-is-this-the-last-chance/

Andrew Rothery and Viv Bell

WLBR Project

Dr Andrew Rothery