On 22-Mar-10, at 6:28 PM, leo waaijers wrote:

> (Un?)fortunately, potential mandators are members of the set of
> grown-up academics themselves. Why would it be easier to convince
> potential mandators instead of convincing authors directly? Leo.

Because there are many, many academics to persuade one by one, and far
fewer rectors: For every rector you persuade to mandate, you get
thousands of academics and tens of thousands of deposits. With
individual academics, you just get a sore throat, like the chronic one
I've developed over the past two decades... ;>)-O-