Yes Crispin, I did, and thank you for these explanations because they will genuinely be very useful for me!
Maybe you are right in that there should be a tad more detail on this in the help section.
I have read the other replies too and this is a very useful conversation for me.
I remember the RCHME, I worked in aerial survey for a time. Lovely bunch.

All the Best

Emily Edwards
Honorary Research Associate with the Institute of Archaeology and Antiquity at the University of Birmingham