Hello all

I need to establish a consistent level of recording for fieldwork events that I can realistically maintain, so I’m interested to hear how other HERs approach this. For example, a local researcher has produced a measured ground plan and photographs of an old saw mill and has sent it to me along with information about when he visited the site. Now I know that according to MIDAS I should create an event record for this (arguably two, but I’m not going down that route). My question is would you? How useful is it, really, when the information is in the monument record in any case (with apologies to purists)? Where do you draw the line and what decision criteria do you use?

Thanks in advance

Sylvina

Sylvina Tilbury | HER Officer | Planning & Development Service | Highland Council

Glenurquhart Road, Inverness, IV3 5NX | T: 01463 702503 | F: 01463 702298

Highland HER: http://her.highland.gov.uk

Unless related to the business of The Highland Council, the views or opinions expressed within this email are those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect those of The Highland Council, or associated bodies, nor does this email form part of any contract unless so stated.