From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Webster
Sent: 19 March 2010 14:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PDF A

I'll reply via the list as I think this subject may be of general interest. The main difference between PDF and PDF A is that the PDF A doesn't allow anything very wizzy and doesn't contain external links to anything else. Most reports that we see are going to fit these criteria anyway so we only ask for standard PDF. This may of course change as people start to add video or 3D models and such to reports but I've not seen a pdf like that yet. London may be more sophisticated of course!

I'm sure ADS will be able to provide more details.

Chris Webster

Somerset Historic Environment Record
Taunton Castle
Taunton