Dear colleagues,

Apologies for multiple postings.

Dr. Munir Humayun and I are organizing a special session at the AGU Meeting of the Americas held August 8-13 in Foz do Iguassu, Brazil (http://www.agu.org/meetings/ja10),  V06. Mantle Plumes in the Atlantic Ocean. Abstract deadline is 31. March 2010.

Invited speakers are Anton leRoex, João Mata and Rajdeep Dasgupta.

Please feel free to distribute this information to colleagues that may be interested. We look forward to a broad participation in this session.

Sincerely,
Munir Humayun and Christoph Beier

Session description:
This session aims to attract geologists, geochemists and geophysicists, conducting research on the mechanisms of plume generation, ridge-plume interactions, plume source compositions and plume melting dynamics, for the diverse variety of plumes encountered in the Atlantic Ocean basin. This session encourages submissions regarding physical or chemical studies that contribute to our understanding of plume generation, including the recycling of subducted slabs, or other sources of mantle heterogeneity expressed in Oceanic Island Basalts (OIB), and processes involving the impact of OIB on the mid-oceanic ridge due to ridge-plume interactions.

WEB.DE DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://produkte.web.de/go/02/