Colleagues

At National Museums Scotland we are putting together an outline for a new programme we’re terming ‘Insights into Collections’.  It will be an object-in-focus series of temporary displays, probably 4 times a year, outwith (but sometimes related to) our special exhibition programme.  Each Insight display would highlight a particular aspect of research, a recent acquisition, new discovery or represent an artist’s or audience perspective.  Physically it would cover 4-6 large display cases and accompanying text interpretation panels.  Each display would also include linked talks, web-digital features and other activities as appropriate.

I’m interested in examples from other museums.  Could you send me any examples from your museums/galleries or point me in the direction of something useful?

Many thanks

Stephen Allen
Head of Learning & Programmes
National Museums Scotland