From: Jan Kofi-Tsekpo <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 29 March, 2010 18:39:11
Subject: MLA Safeguarding Guidance Bulletin - ISA Vetting & Barring Scheme

Re: FAQ

With apologies for cross-posting.

MLA Safeguarding Guidance Bulletin - ISA Vetting & Barring Scheme

Please see the following link to the MLA Safeguarding Guidance Bulletin about safeguarding and child protection, with key information about the Independent Safeguarding Authority’s new Vetting & Barring Scheme. http://www.mla.gov.uk/what/policy_development/learning/~/media/Files/pdf/2010/programmes/MLA_safeguarding_bulletin_03-10

The bulletin includes Frequently Asked Questions drawn up by Artswork during their delivery of 10 safeguarding seminars across England , and also complements the recent advice surgeries run by the NSPCC; both run on behalf of the MLA’s Strategic Commissioning Continuing Professional Development programme. http://www.mla.gov.uk/what/programmes/commissioning/CPD

This is the first of three six-monthly bulletins to be issued by the MLA as a supplement to our current MLA NSPCC Safeguarding Guidance document.

http://www.mla.gov.uk/what/policy_development/learning/~/media/Files/pdf/2008/Safeguarding_v5_Updated_2

Further information about the new scheme can be found on the ISA website: http://www.isa-gov.org.uk/ or by ringing 0300 123 1111.

Jan Kofi-Tsekpo

Strategic Commissioning Project Manager - National CPD / 14-19 / London

Museums Libraries & Archives Council

T: +44 (0) 7825 932 769

F: +44 (0) 121 345 7303

www.mla.gov.uk

Unless stated otherwise the information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments is confidential. If you have received it in error, you are
on notice of its status. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete the
email and any attachments from your system.

The Museums, Libraries and Archives Council is a Company Limited by
Guarantee, Registered in England, with Company Number 03888251. The
Registered Office being : Museums, Libraries and Archives Council, (MLA)
Grosvenor House, 14 Bennett's Hill, Birmingham, B2 5RS. Registered Charity
number : 1079666.