If you run avscale --allparams on an entry in ecclog you can get rotation values in radians.  You could also just watch the movie in FSLView of the timeseries before correction and decide if you think the subject moved a lot.  There isn’t any set guideline of whether (or even if) you need to use the rotate_bvecs script, which apparently is still in flux anyways.

Peace,

Matt.

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Weidong Cai
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 4:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FSL] eddy current rotation correction question

Hi,

I just start a DTI analysis using fsl tools.  I am aware that I should use rotate_bvecs after eddy current correction if there is significant head rotation. But I don't know where to check the head rotation information. And ecclog has a 4x4 matrix for each DTI volume, what does these values refer to?

Thanks in advance!

Weidong