Hi Jasper.

If I use fnirt the way you suggest, that is:

fnirt --ref=JHU-ICBM-FA-2mm --in=FA --affine=affine.mat --
config=conf.cnf --cout=LinearAndnonLinear

inside "LinearAndnonLinear" there is also the roto-translational (rigid
body) component of the affine transformation, that (I think, but I'm not
sure) could prevent the comparison among jacobians of different subjects
(because the rigid-body component of the affine transformation is not a true
"deformation" of the original image, and could be different from subject to
subject,
so I'm trying to exclude it). Is that true?

Thank you
Giovanni