On 11 Mar 2010, at 04:18, Michael T Rubens wrote:

> Hi Matt and FSL,
>
> What is the logic behind interpolating stats instead of raw data?
> Would you do the same thing for all of your data (i.e., run the glm
> in native space and then normalize cope maps)?

That is what we do in FEAT (model-based FMRI analysis).  If the
processing is linear it doesn't matter what order things are done, and
this is then mostly an issue of convenience.   If the processing is
nonlinear then the optimal order will depend on the specifics.

Cheers.

> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Matt Glasser <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> That is not the right way to go about things.  You should leave the
> voxel
> dimensions at 2x2x2mm and then Register the FA to the T1 to get the
> desired
> overlay.  It is MUCH better to interpolate the calculated data than to
> interpolate the raw data and then calculate.  This is especially
> true if you
> want to do tractography.  You can easily still specify masks in
> structural
> space and then specify the structural to diffusion transform.
>
> Peace,
>
> Matt.

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)