Hi,

You are right that the matrices operate on coordinates in mm.
However, the origin is at the corner of the image.  If you have
your voxels set to 1mm each and you are using ANALYZE then
that should mean that the voxel coordinates are equivalent
(as long as you start at zero, not one).

You can also use the tool img2imgcoord to convert coordinates
which might also help you understand what is going on.

All the best,
	Mark