Dear Pawandeep
I hear that UCL has one of the best undergraduate EBM courses, so its
interesting to here of this essay.
I would suggest EBM generally encourages a thoughful and
individual-patient focused process rather than a "cookbook" approach.
While some guidelines are cookbookish, guidelines are a tiny part of
EBM. Indeed there is no one standard way to "do" EBM.
There are several interviews of different styles of EBM available on:
http://www.cebm.net/index.aspx?o=4648
(About 5-10 minutes each)
Best wishes
Paul Glasziou