Dear All,
A colleague has made his EBM book for consumers *free* on the web (downloadable pdf).
Its a good read for clinicians too. The five key questions at the heart of the book are:
   1. What will happen if I wait and watch?
   2. What are my test or treatment options?
   3. What are the benefits and harms of these options?
   4. How do the benefits and harms weigh up for me?
   5. Do I have enough information to make a choice?

Web link below
Paul Glasziou

Smart Health Choices - making sense of health advice

by Irwig, Irwig, Trevena and Sweet

We're excited to let you know that our book  - aimed at helping consumers make health decisions and understand evidence - is now freely accessible online through a Sydney School of Public Health website:
http://www.health.usyd.edu.au/shdg/resources/smart_health_choices.php

Chapter summaries are shown and you can download PDFs of all chapters by clicking on the download hyperlink directly under the heading for each part of the book.

If you prefer the conventional book format, that option is also still available.

Please forward to anyone who might be interested.

Les
Les Irwig
Professor of Epidemiology
Screening and Test Evaluation Program