Dear members,

Further to my email earlier this week, here are details of the next 'Elluminate Wednesdays' session which forms part of the Curriculum Design and Delivery programmes (CDD). We would welcome your participation in this online session.

Supporting curriculum innovation: the role of quality assurance and enhancement
Date: Wednesday April 14th 2010 - 11-12

Quality assurance and quality enhancement  are central to an institution's core business providing two distinct yet complimentary aspects to quality management.  Whilst quality assurance focuses on ensuring that institutional conditions are in place for students to achieve set standards, quality enhancement is about developing reliable and demonstrable improvements in the quality of learning opportunities.

The purpose of this session is  to discuss the role of QA and QE in supporting innovation in curriculum design and delivery and explore some of the issues, challenges and examples of good practice. The session will start with an overview from Dr Peter Findlay, Assistant Director at the Quality Assurance Agency, about the QAA's work and how it relates to innovation, particularly in relation to the CDD programmes.   Dr Judith Kuit representing the QA-QE Special Interest Group supported by the Higher Education Academy, will discuss the work of the SIG, its role in the current consultation around the QAA Code of Practice on e-learning and other current initiatives.  There will be opportunity throughout to ask questions of our experts, discuss specific issues and challenges and share examples of good practice.

Background resources:
QAA website - www.qaa.ac.uk<http://www.qaa.ac.uk>
QA-QE SIG website - http://www.qe-sig.net/
EvidenceNet wiki page on QA and QE in e-learning http://evidencenet.pbworks.com/Quality+assurance+and+quality+enhancement+in+e-learning

To register for the session, go to: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MLTS2RF .  You will be sent the link to access the Elluminate Live! session.

Best regards,
Sarah

Programme Manager: JISC e-Learning Programme
JISC Innovation Group
3rd Floor, Beacon House
Queen's Road
Bristol
BS8 1QU
Mobile: 077 477 67944
Email. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/elearning_pedagogy.aspx
Presentations and recordings from Innovating e-Learning 2009 now available from www.jisc.ac.uk/elpconference09