The following new book is now published in the Disability Press series.

Closing the Book on the Big E: An autobiographical tale of a disabled man
By John Swain

Available in multiple formats from our online bookstore at:

https://store.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/productdetails.asp?compid=1&prodid=593&deptid=34&catID=64

'Closing the Book on the Big E takes us on a vividly unsentimental trip around Leeds and the education system. The journey is often bleak, sometimes funny, as it makes intricate connections between the colourful lives of its inhabitants whilst it delivers deeply serious messages about education and our relationships with other people. It is a novel of many parts, weaving sardonic observations of people's everyday lives around a heartfelt politics of responsibility and inclusion'.

Alison Wilde, University of York

'A rollercoaster ride through one man's encounter with disability, education, sexual abuse and romance; a cracking good read.'

Colin Barnes, University of Leeds

Closing the Book on the Big E is available as a 2 CD package. One CD contains a PDF written version and the other, an oral version (accessible via computer) read by Jim Clark.

Archives and tools are located at: