Stephen Brookes sent a message to the members of Disability Hate Crime Network.

Subject: Disability Hate Crime Statistics

These are the figures whihc were issued by the CPS. It shows that reports are not seeing light of day, and we as disabled people are failing to press for justice for ourselves. http://www.cps.gov.uk

In 2007/8 Prosecution figures for hate crime were
1) Race and Religion - 33,000
2) Domestic violence - 170,000
3) Homophobic and transphobic - 2,400
4) Disability - 183

Lets get the stats more representative of the real issues

 LETS REPORT IT NOW!!! WHAT ABOUT 'INSTITUTIONALISED' HATE CRIMES/DISABILISM WHICH IS ENDEMIC WITHIN THE POLICE, COUNCILS AND OTHER PUBLIC BODIES  WHICH ALL AVENUES SEEM TO BE CLOSED HERE WHEN YOU REPORT DISABILITY HATE CRIMES/DISABILISM AGAINST THOSE WITHIN PUBLIC BODIES AS I HAVE DONE, THEN FOR DOING SO I AM CONTINUALLY ABUSED, HARASSED AND VICTIMISED IN BOTH MY PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL LIFE'S FOR 'WHISTLEBLOWING' AND DRAGGED IN FRONT OF CRIMINAL COURTS FOR 'SELF-ADVOCATING/ADVOCATING WITH OTHERS' AND COMPLAINING' AS A DISABLED PERSON(DPO) AND THEN MY AUTISTIC/NEURODIVERSE  'IMPAIRMENTS/BEHAVIOURS' ARE 'CRIMINALISED!!! WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT THE PROTECTION OF OUR RIGHTS UNDER UN DISABILITY CONVENTION? - 183 DISABILITY RELATED HATE CRIMES - THESE FIGURES SAY IT ALL DON'T THEY!!!

Colin Revell

Send us your Hotmail stories and be featured in our newsletter
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/

Archives and tools are located at: