apologies for x-posting - please find below details of 2 jobs at Exeter, 1 at the Exeter campus, 1 at the Cornwall campus.

Two lectureship posts in the School of Geography at the University of Exeter

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Energy Policy (Ref. 12155)

Lecturer in Human Geography (Ref. N2554)

Both posts will be held in the School of Geography at the University of Exeter, one of the UK’s leading Geography Departments. Ranked 8th in the UK for world leading research in Geography and Environmental Studies and 12th in The Times Good University Guide 2010, we are committed to pursuing world-class research and to providing outstanding teaching through our wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes.

For the post in Energy Policy we would particularly welcome applications from those working in the energy economics field or those focused on the international aspects of energy use, such as energy security. However, we are happy to consider all applications from the energy policy field. The successful applicant will be part of the Energy Policy Group and will support the teaching of the Energy Policy and Sustainability MSc, the only Masters programme in the UK with a specific focus on energy policy. The successful applicant will also be expected to teach on the undergraduate Geography programme, and the post will be based at the University’s Cornwall Campus.

For the Human Geography post we are particularly seeking applicants who have an interest in political, urban or economic geographies, and who can contribute to the School’s research group on Governance, Ethics and Social Justice. An interest in political spaces, both formal and informal, and their contemporary orderings would also be welcome. This post is based at the University’s Streatham Campus in Exeter.

The starting salary for Lecturers will be will be within the range £31,671 - £35,646 on Grade F, and for Senior Lecturers will be within the range £38,951 - £45,155 on Grade G, depending on qualifications and experience. The University offers an exceptional range of employee facilities and benefits including access to the Universities Superannuation Scheme.

From 1 August 2010 the College of Life and Environmental Sciences will bring together the Schools of Biosciences, Geography, Psychology and Sport and Health Science under the Deanship of Professor Mark Goodwin, currently Head of the School of Geography.

Application packs are available from www.exeter.ac.uk/jobs, or e-mail [log in to unmask]; quoting reference number 12155 or N2554 as appropriate. The closing date for completed applications is 9th April 2010.  Both posts are available from 1st September 2010.

The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity in its workforce and, whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, is particularly keen to consider applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce

Dr John Wylie
Senior Lecturer in Cultural Geography
School of Geography
University of Exeter