**Apologies for cross-postings, please distribute in your departments**

Dear colleague,

We are writing to invite you to participate in a brief online
questionnaire about internet use and online content creation by
academic geographers. In our discipline and in the academy at large,
emerging internet technologies (such as blogging and microblogging,
social networking sites, tagging and geotagging, etc.) have been
introducing new potential avenues for disseminating our research,
sharing our knowledge, and communicating with fellow scholars and the
public. But how useful have these tools been to geographers in their
day-to-day academic lives? And how active are academic geographers in
managing their own web presence?

We hope to hear from a wide range of our colleagues around the world
about how they think we can – and should – use the internet in our
professional lives. This survey is not just for the technophiles, the
early-adopters, and the Twitterers – it’s also for the technophobes,
the email-averse, and the Facebook skeptics. If you think you may be
interested in participating in our survey (it will take about 15
minutes), please follow the link below for more information.

https://catalysttools.washington.edu/webq/survey/mwarrenw/94085

Thanks for your help, and please contact either of us if you have any
questions or comments.

Cordially,

Sarah Starkweather                                      Matthew W. Wilson
Department of Geography                            Department of Geography
National University of Singapore                  Ball State University
+65 8424-0675 or +1 425-296-0961            +1 765-285-1334
[log in to unmask]                   [log in to unmask]