Jonathan,

My immediate reaction is to applaud this decision. These are two high
profile deniers and getting them
to state their case with their main supporting evidence in public is
exactly what we want, in my opinion.

Sure they'll get publicity and sure they'll get more drongos signing
up, but they'll have been flushed out into the open and they won't
easily be able to change their position to any great degree in the
future and the might of the scientific army and evidence will be able
to take their position apart over the space of a few months or a year
at most.

And so our case will be correspondingly strengthened by virtue of the
'fabricated doubts' being demolished and only the progressively
shrinking 'real doubts' remaining. (When will the IPCC increase the
level of confidence that global warming is caused by man from its
current 90%?).

Best regards,

Brian Orr