Dear Tim,

I'd dare to say that SeMet labelling in mammalian cells is in
fact routine (at least in our lab, and others' around the
world) for quite a while :-)
Since you mentioned CHO LecR cells, one can find references as
early as 1994 from Wayne Hendrickson's lab (PMID: 7922031) and
many others followed. More recently, people have moved to
transient expression and probably the easiest labelling method
for HEK293 cells can be found in PMID: 17001101.

Best wishes,

radu

A. Radu Aricescu, PhD
University of Oxford
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
Division of Structural Biology
Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN
United Kingdom
Phone: +44-1865-287564