From: Jacob Keller <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, 5 March, 2010 17:02:15
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] crystallization of a macromolecular complex

20 g/L is the same as 20 mg/ml, isn't it?  That does not seem particularly high to me.

Why not try 200 g/L?

As a variant to this, you could just try doing 10:1 prot:ppt drops, and allowing the protein concentration to increase in situ. In my limited experience, however, this is not the same as setting up drops 1:1 with more concentrated protein, for reasons unknown to me. I wonder whether that is the experience of others on the BB as well?

JPK