This shouldn't affect any of the XDS programs I think, but if you have a very large negative intensity, SORTMTZ doesn't work.

You can sort the file with POINTLESS (task "Find or Match Laue group" in ccp4i) before running Scala, but it is a bit worrying that you have such a large negative intensity somewhere.

How did you convert data from XDS for Scala?

Phil