Hi Megha,

The two peaks on the HPLC indicate that your protein is existing in a monomer-dimer equilibrium in solution. The dimerisation is most probably caused by disulphide bridges. The use of TCEP is breaking those disulphides and that is causing the equilibrium to move towards the monomeric state. However, when the TCEP is dialysed out, the disulphides start forming again and this is causing the equilibrum to move towards the dimeric state, a process clearly hastened by the strongly oxidising pH 4 of the dialysis buffer.

Now it all depends on what you want to do. If you want to use the protein in a (largely) monomeric form, I would recommend that you don't dialyse out the TCEP.

regards

Ganesh

Blow, blow, thou winter wind
Thou art not so unkind