Have you ever tried the condition of  AS as precipitant and PEG as the
additive? They have opposite  functions on your protein's solubility:one
increases and decrease it. Maybe you can vary the ratio of them to
control your protein's solubility. And the xtals may be seen in some
conditions.
Good luck!
leo