Hi, Jim, Jenn and everyone else :)

In Leeds we've had a go with Wimba but moved on because we needed more
functionality. The latest is that we've been looking at how the local Centre for
Translation Studies has been using Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro and assessing
whether it would be suitable for the whole university.

The Adobe solution was chosen by CTS because of lots of excellent features:
Flash-based rather than clunky Java; support for multiple concurrent
webcams; customisable, modular structure (pods); breakout room
functionality; customisable room layouts for invividual purposes; interactive
tools (polls); nice support for the presenter only (displaying PPT notes and
various annotation tools); nice screen sharing functionality; and there are
quite a few more...

Lately I've been reading up on the BB integration and that seems to be
possible and quite nice, too (but we haven't tried it yet). If I were you I'd try
the free 15-day fully functional demo just to see for myself and then take it
from there... ;)

Hope this helps,
Dragos

Dr. Dragoš Ciobanu
Certified Member of the Association for Learning Technology
Research Fellow
Centre for Translation Studies
Staff Development Officer
Staff and Departmental Development Unit