We use amber vials, which help to light protect the samples. We also insist that they are sent in a black specimen bag to offer further protection.

We supply a specimen bottle kit (complete with instructions), which goes out with all “lumbar puncture kits” supplied by our Hospital Sterile Stores Department.

We very rarely get incorrect or badly preserved CSF samples since the introduction of the kit.

Graham Bishell

Section Manager

Special Analysis

Clinical Biochemistry Department