Several links to sites with details about consent requirements for new
method development using patient samples have been published in
mailbase. I have stored many of these but all of the useful ones are now
broken. Can anyone point me to an up-to date document.  I'm concerned
with using patient samples already tested for method A to test a new kit
for method A. The consensus in the past has been that this does not
require patient consent but Universities and colleges are requesting
documentary evidence for student projects.

Mike Collins

BMS3

Biochemistry Automation

Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

England

http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk/

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses but this should not be relied upon as a guarantee that the contents are virus free.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
states them to be the views of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk