Good call Jason.

Foucault´s concept of *episteme *is quite interesting and the description of
the Renaissance *episteme *is very rich. It is a academical way of
describing the hermetic correspondence principle were cosmos, nature, human
body, and things respond to an homology principle structured by language.

Of course this has nothing to do with "technology of the self" but in a way,
the stand point of technology as a mean to perform actions oriented to a
particular end is probably part of our modern and posmodern *episteme. *

S.