Aloha,

On 3/22/2010 4:02 PM, Morgan Leigh wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Although the term pagan does seem to have a lot of currency among the US
pagans I know, I don't know that this extends into the Christian
community in any useful way, many of who simply see the pejorative sense
of the term.
I've been told by some Pagans dedicated to global interfaith
that notions like "Nature religion" and Earth religion" are
used partly to sidestep (or defuse) the conflicts lurking in
the term "pagan" when used by a range of Abrahamic
adherents.

I suspect that "pagan" is probably more useful as a technical
term of analytical description that as a generally accepted
term of self identification.

What I'm getting at is that, for me and some others, practice
and the transformations that emerge from practice are far more
important than linking myself to being "pagan." Not using
that term to describe my identity as a spiritual practitioner
wouldn't alter my magical awareness very much at all. I
don't particularly want to give up the term, but I don't want
to dispute much with co-practitioners who is and who isn't,
either. Let alone dispute with adherents of other religions.

Musing PostModern Paganism Is PostModern! Rose,

Pitch