From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Jamie Anderson
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: Conference Structure

Dear Steve, Dear Paul,

This is an interesting dialogue, but you are filling up our email
boxes and not sure this discussion is relevant to all. You might like
to create an email sub-group?

Jamie

Quoting [log in to unmask]:

> Paul, thanks for your input - but can everyone please just hang fire
> a little longer so that I can come back with a decision and proposal
> on the organization of the conference? There are a lot of technical
> issues that need to be resolved but these will be much easier to
> deal with once I have the appropriate approval. I am doing my best
> here to preserve the conference for Istanbul in a way that will meet
> all objectives - philosophical, financial, practical and ethical.
>
> Best regards
>
> Steve
>
> On Mar 30 2010, Paul Shrivastava wrote:
>
>> Steve/Ralph and all,
>> We all want this this conference to happen.  Ralph has moved
>> quickly  to prevent the conference from falling apart.   What the
>> conference  needs now is a structure, an open accountability
>> system, and some  volunteers.  I would propose a structure of a
>> Conf Committee of 2 or 3  Co-chairs to share the load equitably +
>> Stream coordinators + a local  arrangements person in Istanbul.
>> This committee needs to open a bank  account, handle expenses and
>> present final accounts to all attendees.  Any surpluses can be
>> donated to an art charity or used for next year's  conference.
>> You can co- Chair the conference with Ralph and perhaps  Steven
>> Taylor or a Stream Coordinator. I dont need to be on it, and am
>> still happy to provide support of my Centre.
>>
>> Also I am on the board of the International Journal of Work and
>> Emotions published by Inderscience.  If you all are interested,
>> they  may be willing to do a special issue of the journal devoted
>> to papers  from Art of Man conference.
>>
>> With Best Regards,
>> paul S.
>>
>> Paul Shrivastava, Ph. D.
>> David O'Brien Distinguished Professor of Sustainable Enterprise, and
>> Director, David O'Brien Center for Sustainable Enterprise
>> http://johnmolson.concordia.ca/sustainable
>>

>> John Molson School of Business
>> Concordia University
>> Mail: 1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd West, Suite MB 6-327
>> Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1M8
>> Ph. 514-848-2424 Ext 2367
>> Fax. 514-848-4547
>> Email: [log in to unmask]
>>
>> Office: MB 6-327, Molson Building, 1450 Rue Guy
>>
>> On Mar 30, 2010, at 5:43 AM, AACORN automatic digest system wrote:
>>
>>> 1. 5th Art of Management UpDate -  Academic Convenor Assistance
>>> 2. 5th Art of Management UpDate -  Academic Convenor Assistanc (3)
>>> 3. 5th Art of Management UpDate - Academic Convenor Assistance (2)
>>> 4. 5th Art of Management UpDate - Academic Convenor Assistanc (6)
>>> 5. AW: 5th Art of Management UpDate - good mood and energy
>>> 6. 5th Art of Management UpDate - good mood and energy

Please Note: My mobile number has changed (see below)
Professor Jamie Anderson
Mobile: +32 484 796 443
Skype: jamie.leigh.anderson
Email: [log in to unmask]