From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:18 PM
To: Gokce Dervisoglu
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Arts of (sustainable) Management recovery, recycling, reprise, rejuvenation, return,

Dear Gokce

CONFERENCE TITLE As no previous body has registered the name The Art of

Management and Organization you can, as per my previous email use that

title.

INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERS If you need international institutional partners to

enable your rector to agree, I am sure that as Head of the OTB group I can

persuade The York Management School to lend its name to the project as long

as the commitment is not financial. York is a world top 100 university (UK

top 10) and a presitigious partner from a University point of view,

although our management school is still relatively small. We would lend

some assurances that the conference was indeed academic and has a credible

scholarly program.I can provide a letterhead.

REFEREED PAPERS If anyone has a problem with funding because only abstracts

were refereed, SCOS devised a solution to that some years ago. We have a

refereed stream as a stream in the conference, and submitters needing to do

so identify with thier normal submission that they want to be considered as

part of this and they submit a full paper as well as an abstract. Reviews

are done, no problem.

If anyone has a need for a full paper to be reviewed in order to get

funding to to the conference, one contribution that York could make is to

organise this (virtual) stream - send your paper, indicate which stream it

has been accepted for, and we will get it fully blind reviewed quickly. If

this can be agreed we can act swiftly.

CONFERENCE STRUCTURE

The conference stream convenors organised the reviewing and acceptance

process

 which is complete. Documents were COPIED to Essex - the originals are with

the stream convenors. SO the stream convenors can be given permission to

communicate acceptance/rejection to their streams (copy to Ralph, Gokce and

myself perhaps) and instructions on how to register and pay (and what fee

to pay). This will make life administratively easier.

PAYMENTS etc

If you can operate with no room hire or equipment hire (projectors etc), if

you think it's reasonable to ask people to arrange their own lunches on

campus and pay for their own dinners (why not?), book and pay for their own

accommodation, it's just the cost of materials and administration of the

programme - which is more time than cost - and there may be no need to pay

a deposit (which is usually for accommodation or dinner venue). Whatever I

would NOT use PayPal again after painful experience in the past. They don't

really understand conferences and it is a struggle to get you money out of

them until AFTER the conference has been held, and they are not cheap.

 Best

Steve L