We are pleased to announce the beta-release of the scripts that supported the initial
feasibility analyses recently reported in PNAS (Biswal et al., 2010). The release is
comprised of a series of Unix-/Linux-based scripts that can readily batch process the
1000 Functional Connectomes Project dataset (in its entirety or any subset of sites),
carrying out both image-preprocessing and individual level functional connectivity
analyses.

It is our hope that the release of this set of scripts will facilitate the introduction of
resting state fMRI approaches to the larger scientific community.  The scripts have been
modified from their original form to increase the ease of distribution and user-
friendliness.  Processing steps included in the scripts are the same as reported in the
PNAS paper.  The scripts can easily be modified by users to address individual needs.

The current release is a beta-release.  Additional functionality (e.g., ALFF/fALFF) will be
added in the official first release, anticipated for March 10, 2010.  Any comments
suggestions regarding the scripts are welcomed – an email forum is easily accessible on
the 1000 Functional Connectomes Project website located on NITRC
(www.nitrc.org/projects/fcon_1000).

We would like to thank Maarten Mennes and Clare Kelly for their many efforts in making
this release possible.

Disclaimer: Usage of the scripts provided by 1000 Functional Connectomes Project
(www.nitrc.org/projects/fcon_1000) is unrestricted.  It is the user’s responsibility to
ensure the accuracy of any results obtained with the 1000 Functional Connectomes Project
scripts. The 1000 Functional Connectomes Project and its contributors are not responsible
for the accuracy of any data obtained using the scripts provided.