I don't have any easy solutions for this - other than to modify the
Normalise to MNI option.  In principle though, the deformations could be
composed with one that maps between the Dartel template and MNI space.

There is still much more to be done in respect to longitudinal
registration.  Dartel is based on aligning tissue class images, which
results in more accurate inter-subject alignment than does working with
the original intensities (Heckemann et al, NeuroImage, in press).

However, the best model for longitudinal registration is likely to be
different.  The current segmentation model assumes that brains consist
of only grey and white matter, but more tissue types (ie mixtures of
grey and white) would probably need to be modelled to achieve very
accurate longitudinal alignment of tissue class images.  The cortex is
only a few voxels thick, so identifying thickness differences of only a
few percent would need accuracies that are much less than the dimensions
of a voxel.  At this spatial scale, little implementational details can
make a big difference.

Best regards,
-John