Our postgraduates who teach normally take our teaching toolkit 20 credit module.  Costs are normally covered by the institution as the Toolkit is free to staff or those supporting teaching and learning and employed at the university.
Ruth

Ruth Pilkington
01772 893106
University of Central Lancashire
Livesey House 211
Preston PR1 2HE

Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those of the sender, and not necessarily of the University.  The University's e-mail facility is intended for educational purposes, and the University accepts no liability for, and shall not be bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network, which do not relate to those purposes or other business of  the University.

This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of the addressee(s).  If you should not have received it, please notify the sender and permanently delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on it, or any part of it.

E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error free and the University does not accept liability for any errors in or amendements to the contents of this message, which arise in consequence of its transmission by e-mail.

>>> P Hartley <[log in to unmask]> 03/02/2010 09:55 >>>
From this year, our postgrads who teach are obliged to take a special
version of the first module of our PGCert. The fees are waived so it does
not cost them or department. The aim is to roll this out to part-time VLs as
well and a few have already joined. The issue of who pays for the hours they
spend on the course is still being debated and this policy was agreed in
warmer economic conditions. We are also developing a version of this module
for partner institutions so this could be a rich area for further discussion
and sharing expertise

Peter

Peter Hartley
Professor of Education Development