Hi,

I was wondering if anybody had any experience of the CHARMS -
Fostering/Foster care, Adoption, Residential Software within their
organisation? We have had access to this database for several years but it is
now being rolled out across the organisation.

I was wondering what the implications of this would be. I have a fear that the
database will be seen as a way of producing 'paperless' units which we may
have trouble accessing in the future. As childcare records and adoption
records have to be kept past 75 years I am concerned about making senior
members of staff aware that we cannot rely on the database solely for
recordkeeping purposes. Would a database be seen as a record by the legal
courts?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Liz