I believe I have removed myself from this list

Mrs Rachel Fox

--- On Thu, 25/2/10, Ann Lewins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Ann Lewins <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CAQDAS FOLLOW UP SUPPORT: NORTHERN IRELAND
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, 25 February, 2010, 17:22

The CAQDAS Networking project (incorporating QUIC) based at the University of Surrey provides training events and seminars to support qualitative researchers in their use and experimentation with software which assists in some of the analytic processes and handling of qualitative data. The project also tries to hold events at other locations to provide wider regional support.

31 March 2010 - FREE CAQDAS  users' Follow-up Support Seminar (held at Queens University Belfast)

This free event encourages researchers to come along to discuss perceived issues and 'sticking points' in their current use of various CAQDAS packages. The three hour session is open to researchers who might be fairly local to Belfast. We are grateful to Queens University for hosting this event.
Abstract:  http://caqdas.soc.surrey.ac.uk/QueensUniversitySeminarAbstractMarch2010.html
Apply to Zoe Tenger for further information or
to book:  http://caqdas.soc.surrey.ac.uk/workshops/html

Also of great interest is the upcoming conference below, organised by the KWALON organisation in Netherlands

22 & 23 April 2010, Kwalon Conference: Is Qualitative Analysis Software really comparable?, University for Humanistics, Utrecht, the Netherlands.

This conference is organised by KWALON, The Dutch Working Group for Qualitative Research, in collaboration with the University for Humanistics (The Netherlands); CAQDAS Networking Project, University of Surrey (UK), Institute for Qualitative Research, Freie Universitaet Berlin (Germany) and Kwalitatief Sterk, Ghent University (Belgium).

The conference will explore the use of qualitative analysis software in a methodological sense. The main theme is the intertwinement of qualitative data analysis, the use of software and the person analyzing. To that end, we've invited developers and users of qualitative analysis software to reflect on the use of CAQDAS. Developers of data analysis software (Atlas.ti, MaxQDA, NVivo, Qualrus, Cassandre, CAT-QDAP, Digital Replay System, Transana) will be presenting the results of their participation in an experiment we designed for them. Users of software present their experiences in working with very different software packages. In total, we will have persons from 16 countries presenting their use of 15 different software packages and reflecting on this from different viewpoints. So this is your chance to catch up on developments!
For more information and to register see http://www.kwalon.nl/

Ann Lewins
Qualitative Innovations in CAQDAS (QUIC)
CAQDAS Networking Project
Dept of Sociology, University of Surrey
GUILDFORD  GU2  7XH,  UK

http://caqdas.soc.surrey.ac.uk