I'm anxious to respond to the discussions taking place around NVivo - and again - please let me declare that I work for QSR International, the developers of NVivo software.  I have been speaking to my colleagues on the issues raised and firstly, I can confirm that we have already spent a significant amount of time improving the performance and stability of NVivo 8. We've been talking to a lot of existing users over the last 18 months and that is a message that we're hearing very clearly. Our early testing for NVivo 9 has already proved that there will be some real performance improvements in the software, and we still have a large amount of resources dedicated to continuing to improve performance in the months prior to the software's release. One of our main objectives for NVivo 9 is to produce more stable, better performing software.

Secondly, I have also really taken on board the comments that have been raised about Transana being a server based solution and QDA Miner importing data files. It was never my intention to deliberately mislead anyone, please be assured that if there are corrections that need to be made to our website, we'll make them quickly.

Warm regards, Fiona