We are delighted to invite you to participate in our Fourth International
Plagiarism Conference, which will take place on 21-23 June 2010 at
Northumbria University's award-winning City Campus East in the heart of
Newcastle upon Tyne.

This conference, hosted by PlagiarismAdvice.org and sponsored by Ofqual,
draws together delegates from the international educational community.  In
2008 over 250 delegates from schools, colleges, universities, awarding and
regulatory bodies along with commercial organisations from around the world
met to share their experiences and expertise in this key area.  This year we
expect the event to attract 350 delegates.

The themes for the conference place a positive emphasis on the true value of
academic endeavour, whilst highlighting innovative practice from all areas
of the education sector:
•	Creating a culture of honesty
•	Ensuring authenticity in non text-based disciplines and multimedia
•	Addressing non-traditional learning styles (e.g. overseas students, mature
students etc)
•	Ensuring the integrity of research and published work
•	Open theme. Suggested topics include: innovative assessment techniques
beyond the essay, the changing nature of authorship in a Web 2.0 world,
contract cheating, plagiarism detection.

The keynote speakers are key figures in the global academic integrity
community:
Jude Carroll, Deputy Director of the ASKe CETL at Oxford Brookes University, UK.

Isabel Nisbet, Acting Chief Executive, Ofqual

Dr Teddi Fishman, Director of the Center for Academic Integrity, US.

Adrian Slater, Head of Legal Services at the University of Leeds, UK.

Abstracts of the keynote papers and the provisional programme can be found
at www.plagiarismconference.org.

Register before 30th April 2010 and enter a draw to win £50 Amazon vouchers!

Complementing the academic programme, two social events offer delegates
informal networking opportunities.  A drinks reception at the conference
venue is a fitting prelude to the two stimulating days of debate. Delegates
are also invited to enjoy the conference dinner where guests have exclusive
access to the unique splendour of Alnwick Garden, which combines
contemporary and traditional garden design and offers a stunning venue for
an outdoor event.

A wide range of exhibition and sponsorship packages are available to enable
your organisation to fully maximise the potential of this exceptional event.
 More details can be found at  www.plagiarismconference.org

In addition, we are holding a User Group meeting where there will be a
chance to put questions to Chris Caren (the CEO of iParadigms) and attend
one of the  Pre-Conference workshops , hosted by Adrian Slater (Leeds
University) and Anne Marie Tarter (Ripon Grammar School) and Marianne
Bradnock (Dulwich College).

You can register your attendance to the User Group via our online
registration form and add your questions to Chris Caren and your selection
of the pre-conference workshop.  Cost: £40 per attendee. Free for User Group
Members or Plagiarism Conference delegates.

We look forward to seeing you at the conference, If you have any questions,
please email [log in to unmask] or telephone +44 (0) 845 643 0105.

Yours sincerely,

Gayle Summerly & Helen Murray,
Event Coordinators, PlagiarismAdvice.org