Dear Dr. Terence,
great to see your mail about PhD's empact over design-salary. it is really
showing the positive path for all those aspiring/doing design research.

it will my pleasure, if you could give your openion about one of my doubt...
Terence, i am interested to do PhD in Crafts Product Design. planning from
last few years. but when ever i discussed this topic with my couligues as
seniors (almost with the same qualification as me)...the start giving
negative replies...like- "it is a useless plan"..."it's batter if you go and
join facultyship in some design university/institute...you will learn batter
rather than westing time in campus for PhD and return with empty pocket"...!

if you could guide me then it will my pleasure.....please show me the right
path.

Best Regards,
Santosh Kumar Jha
+91 9439617462
Designer,
State Institute for Development of Arts and Crafts
Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India