Because of the tax implications we prioritise  our referrals where
possible to work related injuries, or conditions that are likely to be
exacerbated by work. In tandem with this we prioritise conditions that
limit operational efficiency (eg the ability to respond in emergencies,
undertake C&R) Then there is the next level, conditions that are leading
to absence. If you dont gfall into these groups highly unlikely you will
get seen, we just dont have the capacity

The Rules
Physio can only be accessed by referral via OH
Assessment and a max of 4 sessions before re-assessed
If we have spare capacity others might be seen on the proviso that they
will be bumped from list if something more urgent comes up

To be honest this means that its a pretty busy time generally. However -
there are a few that try to use and abuse the service, turning up
stating they have an appointment (I am happy to tell them no but my
physio is a soft  touch) or people who have "niggles" and want a "bit of
acupuncture"

Just last week I had a letter from a GP recommending that I give physio
to an employee that I had previously said no to - no easy answer, I
think we just have to stick to our guns. I am aware that in some Police
forces you will only get physio if t he injury is as a direct result of
work - therwise treatment is deemed to be the responsibility of  the GP