Hi all,

This is as good as time as any, to let you know about a project that we
are currently engaged with called 'Hyperlink'.

Hyperlink, is about collaborating with journalists, curators, editors
who are directly involved in mainstream arts practice.

The aim of the project is to create 'real' opportunities in bringing
about change in the mainstream art arena, in seeing media arts as part
of a more widening creative field - as part of a larger and dynamic and
fascinating creative discourse that all can observe as art.

- We will be sharing responsibilities of selection with mainstream
curators from private galleries and public galleries, in co-curating
exhibitions.

- We will be holding panel discussions at art fairs and festivals such
as Frieze about specific artworks, and considering such works as already
accepted within a widening arts culture.

- We will be collaborating with writers from various magazines such as
Art Monthly, AN, Time Out, Frieze and more, who frequently write about
more traditional forms of art.

- We will be going to media arts festivals with mainstream arts curators
and writers/academics, choosing artworks to be shown back in the UK.

- We are already holding a radio discussion about the subject of
mainstream art and connected cultures, and the idea of bringing about
the inclusion of media arts into this potentially widening field, on the
radio at 'FUTURITY NOW!' at Transmediale between 11-1 pm Sunday 7th, on
Hausradio – station melt.

- We already have a meeting when we get back from Transmediale with
various curators, writers from mainstream arts organisations, to discuss
how to move things on.

- We will be choosing an artwork or artworks from ISEA, to come back to
the UK to been seen by a mixture of media art audiences as well as those
outside of media art contexts, encouraging debate and interest in media
art culture, in a way that focuses on the work and its multi-related
values and informed approaches, concepts and contextual influences.

If, there is anyone here who is genuinely interested in actively being
part of breaking down this divide, between traditional arts and media
arts. And is interested in sharing with us the journey in making such a
thing happen, please contact us - we are serious and dedicated in
pushing things forward - please contact - [log in to unmask]
or Ruth Catlow at [log in to unmask]

There are various ways we can help each other creating significant
changes beyond what we have now ...

wishing you all well.

marc

A living, breathing, thriving networked neighbourhood...

We are on Twitter
http://twitter.com/furtherfield

Other reviews/articles/interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield - online media arts community, platforms for creating,
viewing, discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

HTTP Gallery - physical media arts Gallery (London).
http://www.http.uk.net

Netbehaviour - an open email list community engaged in the process of
sharing and actively evolving critical approaches, methods and ideas
focused around contemporary networked media arts practice.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

Furtherfield Blog - shared space for personal reflections on media art
practice.
http://blog.furtherfield.org

VisitorsStudio - real-time, multi-user, online arena for creative 'many
to many' dialogue, networked performance and collaborative polemic.
http://www.visitorsstudio.org/x.html

Furthernoise -  an online platform for the creation, promotion,
criticism and archiving of innovative cross genre music and sound art
for the information & interaction of the public and artists alike.
http://www.furthernoise.org