** The Music and Science list is managed by the Institute of Musical Research (www.music.sas.ac.uk) as a bulletin board and discussion forum for researchers working at the shared boundaries of science and music. **

MESSAGE FOLLOWS:

Hi Guys,

My name is a Scott and I am the current Activities Officer for USSU. This
year I have already achieved over £6000 of additional funding for
societies, organised USSU's biggest one off society and
community-engagement project, and seen the creation of the 12 new school
societies.

In case you have not already been informed, the elections for next year's
Full Time Officer team are underway and online voting is now currently open.

I am running for re-election and in the following year I plan to:

1. Ensure the University keeps to its "Free Wednesday Afternoon" policy,
ensuring you have time for extra-curricular activity along-side your
studies.

2. Find a permanent transport solution for clubs and societies.

3. Ensure that University facilities such as room bookings, Sports
facilities, and the new Attenborough Centre of the Creative Arts are
prioritised for student activity.

4. Continue to develop and improve new initiatives I have started this
year, such as Active Woman Week, School Societies and the USSU Societies
Festival.

You can vote now at www.ussu.info/elections

I am a Music Informatics Graduate so understand, first-hand the needs of
your department.

Vote Scott-tivities, Scott for Activities Officer, the best man for the
job, the best for you."

Thanks,

Scott