On Tuesday, February 16, 2010, at 5:48 pm, Bill Schipper wrote:

> Laura,
>
> Others may correct what I have found:  The correct information is:
>
> Angelo Campagner.  Cronaca capitolare: i canonici della Cattedrale di
> Treviso.  3 vols.  Vedelago: Tipografia Stocco, 1992.
>
> It does not appear to be a best-seller:  COPAC shows NO copies in the
> UK;  WorldCat (FirstSearch) shows a copy in the
> Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, Munich;  and even the Italian equivalent
> of COPAC shows copies onlyi in Belluno, Padova, Castelfranco Veneto,
> Loria, and Treviso.  And Casalini Libri does not list it, meaning it
> is no longer in print...

Casalini Libri does not always list (and is not always successful in obtaining) books published by very small local presses.  My experience in obtaining these from Casalini is mixed.  In such cases it helps to supply a postal address and, if possible, a telephone number for the printer/publisher (such operations rarely have e-mail accounts).  This is especially true when the place of publication given in one's citation may be misleading.  As it could well be in this instance: the Tipografia Stocco that was in Vedelago in 1992 may be the the Tipografia Stocco given here:
http://tinyurl.com/ykjs2gf
as:
Tipografia Stocco S.A.S. Di Stocco Luca & C. at 6, Via Giuseppe Toniolo, Castelfranco Veneto, TV 31033, Italy (tel.: 0423 724994‎).

Whether the Tipografia Stocco has copies is another matter.  One could ask, but (as Bonnie has hinted) one might also inquire of the Biblioteca capitolare di Treviso.  It may be that the latter has whatever stock exists (or knows who does).

Best,
John Dillon

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]