News
- Single Market
- Gender
law
- Animal experiments
- Sunbeds
Training
Friday 19 February is the
deadline for booking a place on our new courses 'Lisbon changes' and 'Europa
changes'. The session on Europa will be attended by one of the
webmasters/editors responsible for the Documentation centre part of the Europa
website.
Delegates
can attend one session or both. Prices for EIA members are £90 half day, £140
full day; non-member prices are £125 and £175 respectively. Book online at
www.eia.org.uk
Conference
Our 2010 conference will
take place at the British Library on Monday 22 March. The day will include
presentations the Europeana initiative and the British Library’s European
Elections Archive, plus EU sources of information on social care and how the
fight against poverty got onto the EU agenda. We'll also be presenting the
annual EIA Awards and holding our AGM. Places are free to EIA Members, with a
£30 charge for others. Both conference and Awards are being sponsored by Justis
Publishing. More details are on the website.
Committee elections
We're seeking
three volunteers to join the EIA Committee. Experience of working with EU
information in some capacity is a distinct advantage, but just as important are
enthusiasm, a willingness to get involved, and an interest in other relevant
areas such as training, communication, marketing and Web 2.0 technologies. More
details on the website.
Authors sought
We want to expand our
range of publications and are seeking potential authors. All our publications
are now available as pdf files, not paper copies. We are willing to pay for
texts, at rates to be agreed. Topics are still to be determined, but we expect
to start commissioning texts in late Spring / early Summer. At this stage, we're
trying to put together a pool of authors and to get an idea of their knowledge
and areas of interest.
Websites
Commission creates new
Directorates-General: DG Energy and DG Mobility and Transport
Regards,
Eric
---

Eric Davies

European Information Services /
Coordinator, European Information Association (part-time only)
PO Box
28
Mold
CH7 6FE