Having recently reviewed our own charges in comparison with other authorities, I discovered quite a number who also do this and was also a little surprised.

In contrast however, here in West Dunbartonshire we charge for the overdue letter, but we don’t charge a daily overdue rate (with the exception of DVDs, where it works the other way around).  Our first letters are sent after the item is one week overdue, with two follow-up letters sent before the replacement cost is charged for.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Aird

Senior Officer, ICT & Learning