Dear LIS-LINK people,

The Actuarial Profession is currently creating a new website using Drupal.
This website contains a document library of thousands of papers, articles, etcetera.

Currently, we have an online library catalogue which contains records for the book collection, but also provides links to electronic resources. This includes all the documents (mostly PDF’s) on the website.

We’ve now been told that the URL’s of all of the documents on the site are going to be changed. This means that our URL links/references will not work anymore, and manually changing all of them would take an incredible amount of time. The only option we see is therefore to change the links to the start page where people will find the documents on the site, which is not very user friendly.

We’ve been told that it would be better not to have a separate library catalogue, but to have the catalogue in the site using Drupal and thus making one system.

Does anybody have any experience with catalogues using Drupal?
Any comments and experiences would be very welcome.

Also: does anybody know whether we would be able to do some kind of automated search in Drupal so we can link the library records to the document in the document library on the site (with or without using Drupal for the library catalogue?
Or: can anybody advise on another way to get our links updated?

Thanks,
Fo Krabben
Librarian
The Actuarial Profession